Translating Content to Spanish
Translations are managed with the WPML component located on the Dashboard menu. To access the translations choose WPML > Translations. You will see a list of the documents that need translation. Choose a piece of content by clicking the “Translate” button. I have already had all the content machine translated so you should only have to make minor edits to complete each job.
Once you have taken a piece of content the edit screen appears. The english text strings are on the left and the spanish translation is displayed on the right.
- Review and edit the text in the Target Language panel on the left.
- Each string of text should already have the machine language translation.
- Click the Save and Complete button (the Green checkmark) when you have completed the translation of the string.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 until the progress indicator shows 100% complete.
- When the progress bar reaches 100% you can click the finish button. You will see a rough version of the page to check to make sure all the content is translated.
- Click the “Complete” (or Redistribute if you are editing an existing translation) button if you are finished or the Return to Editor button if further changes are needed.
Here is a link to the WPML documentation:
Creating and Managing Users
Adding & Enrolling Users
To add users be sure you are logged as an admin and Choose Users > Add New then follow the steps below.
- Add the username
WARNING! A Username can’t be changed by admins or users once it is created so extra be careful that you don’t have a typo.
- Add the User’s First Name, Last Name and Email address
- Leave the password as is (the user will be able to change it when they login the first time)
- Confirm that Send the user an email about their account is selected and the Role is set to subscriber.
- Scroll down to the additional roles section and assign the user the role for the current cohort e.g. 2020-cohort-1.
- Press the Add New User button.
- At the top of the screen you will see a “New User Created” notice with an edit user link below it. Click that link to edit the user.
- Scroll down to the User enrolled in courses section and select the Arboles Course on the left panel and press the right Arrow button to enroll them then repeat the process to assign them to the current cohort group. The screen should look like the figure below.
- Click the Update User button
TIP! The unique ID that WordPress assigns to each user is displayed on the right.
A User’s Login Expires or Lost Password.
If the invite that is sent when you registered the user expires. Have the user access the website then choose the Login button in the upper left corner The user should be able to use the username and password that was sent in the invite to login.
If the user has have lost their invite email or password end the user their username. Inform her that she can access the site by choosing the login link and retrieve her password via the “lost password” link on the login screen.
Tracking Individual User’s Progress
You can track any users progress from the users details on admin dashboard.
TIP! This is also a quick way to mark a module or lesson complete if the user forgets to do that and gets stuck.
Follow the steps to access each each users Course progress:
- Make sure you are logged as an admin. From the dashboard choose Users > All Users.
- Locate the user you want to view, hover over her name and choose the Edit link.
- Scroll down to the Course Info at the bottom of the screen and press the (details) link. You can see what the user has completed. You can also complete modules and lessons for the user if they get stuck.
The course Info panel for the user indicates what they have completed.
Switching to a User
When a user is having issues you have the ability to switch to that user and see the website exactly as they do. This is very useful when trying to solve a user’s problems.
- Make sure you are logged in as admin and go to the dashboard
- Choose Users > All Users. Search for the user you are trying to assist.
- Hover over the user’s name and Click the Switch To button shown below
- You are now viewing the site as that user.
- Once are finished viewing the site as the user log out then log back in as your admin
Hover over a user’s name to access the Switch To link
Emailing All Users
You can send an email to all registered users or individual users by clicking the “Email Users” button on the menu and following these instructions.
- From the dashboard Choose the Email Users > Send to Groups link
- Under Recipients Choose the Role- Subscribers option
- Control+click the Role – Administrator option if you want all admins to get a copy of the message as well.
- Type your subject and message in the appropriate fields and press the “Send Email” button.
The Email Users screen
Accessing Reports & Data
The training progress, evaluation surveys, and post-test survey results are accessible via the administrator dashboard.
Pro Panel Filtering
Configure the Pro Panel reports for a quick snapshot of the group’s progress through the course.
- To set up the Reports go the dashboard and scroll down to the Propanel Filtering panel.
- Select the Course and any statuses that you want to display. Leave the status blank to see all data.
- Choose the number of results per page to display and Press the Filter button. You should now see panels similar to the ones shown below
TIP! You can rearrange the panels on your administrator’s dashboard by dragging them around. Drag all the Pro Panel report panels near the top to see them easier.
Set your reporting filters using the ProPanel
The Dashboard showing LearnDash reports configured with the ProPanel
Downloading Course Data
You can download a comma delimited csv file of your users progress.
- From the dashboard choose Learndash > Reports.
- Click the Export User Course Data button to download a csv file of the course data for all users.
Note! The Quiz data is empty since we didn’t use Learndash quizzes in our course.
Accessing Survey Results
There are two ways to access the survey results from the dashboard.
- From the dashboard Choose Forms and select the form you are interested in from the list.
- On the dashboard scroll down to the Forms panel and choose the form you want to view the results of.
Note! The answers from Likert question will appear in the Results section.
- Hover over the title and select Entries and Results.
- Customize the results layout by clicking the small gear icon, and choosing the fields and dragging them to left panel in the order that you wish the fields to be displayed.
Downloading Survey Data
You can download the data from any form as a CSV file. Follow the steps below to download the survey data.
- For the dashboard choose Forms > Import/Export.
- Select the form, then choose the fields that you want to include. Check Select All to choose all the fields.
- Click the Download Export File button to donald the csv file.
Choose the individual fields or select all fields for downloading
The uploaded assignments are accessed via the User Files section of the dashboard. There are two places to access the files, the upper User Files section displays all the files uploaded by date. Alternatively you can choose File Manager > User Files to see a list of all the users. Click a user and you will see all the files that she has uploaded.
Modifying & Updating the Content
When logged in as an admin you will see an Edit Page button at the top of every page of the site.
The easiest way to make content updates to the site is to navigate to the page that you want to update and click the Edit Page/Course/Session/Activity Button.
Some of the pages (such as the home page) place the content into blocks. You can edit text content in these blocks by hovering over them the choosing the Edit link.
All pages can be rolled back to any of the previous versions.
TIP! Turn on the revisions panel on the page editor by choosing Screen Options located on the upper right corner and checking the Revisions checkbox. You will then see all the revisions displayed on the page edit screen.
Modifying Course Content
You can modify course pages (Course/Sessions/Activities) the same way you do for any other pages. Course pages are located under the LearnDash LMS section of the dashboard.
Note! You can’t change any of the powerpoint presentations via the editing tools on the website. Contact Rob to make any updates to a presentation.
Technical Support Protocol
Study staff who get the email@example.com will be the primary point of contact for all communications with the users. Issues that Study staff are unable to solve and require technical support will be forwarded to Rob using the following steps:
- An email describing the issue in as much detail as possible including page title , URL, computer and browser info if possible will be forwarded or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note! Be sure the user is CC’d on the email.
- Add some content to the email explaining to the user that they are being handed over to technical support. Something similar to this example:
“We are sending your issue over to our technical support team at Lightbender Creative. They will work with you to solve this issue. We suggest that you add email@example.com to your address book to ensure that you receive follow up emails from them.”
- Rob will follow up with the user and CC firstname.lastname@example.org on the emails.