Welcome to ÁRBOLES Familiares Training Course!
The goals of this online training are to enhance your knowledge, self-efficacy, and skills related to:
- Identifying community members at increased risk for HBOC,
- Communicating about genetic risk for cancer through group and individual community education sessions,
- Identifying local genetics professionals, services,
- Accessing resources to facilitate referral of Latinas at-risk for HBOC, and
- Providing referrals and navigation to genetics services.
Every two weeks, you will have to complete one session. Each session will have a unique presentation along with a module evaluation. Some of the sessions will also allow you to participate in a synchronous discussion (live discussion) where you will have the opportunity to interact with one of our faculty members and other trainees and talk about a specific concept related to hereditary breast and ovarian cancer risk assessment. If you are not able to participate in the discussion, these discussions will be recorded and uploaded to the website for later viewing.
Some of the sessions will also include some assignments for you to complete. You will have a submission week (session 9) before the training ends to upload any missing assignments.
If you have any questions, please contact us!